OIC.9 - Oncologic Imaging Course 2019
Oncologic Imaging in the era of precision medicine: Challenges and opportunities
June 19-22, 2019
Frana Supila 12
R. Beets-Tan, Amsterdam/NL - The Netherlands Cancer Institute
Ch. Herold, Vienna/AT - Medical University Vienna
H. Hricak, New York/US - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
A. Laghi, Rome/IT - "Sapienza" - University of Rome
D. Regge, Turin/IT - Candiolo Cancer Centre
M. F. Reiser, Munich/DE - University Hospitals LMU-Munich
M. D'Anastasi, Msida/MT - Mater Dei Hospital
M. Mayerhoefer, Vienna/AT - Medical University Vienna
D. Panicek, New York/US - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
The Oncologic Imaging Course (OIC), established in 2011, is an annual oncologic imaging course jointly organised by the European Society of Oncologic Imaging, the Department of Radiology at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, the Department of Radiology at Ludwig Maximilians University Munich and the Department of Biomedical Imaging and ImageGuided Therapy at the Medical University of Vienna.
OIC welcomes the most qualified faculty who comprise of internationally renowned speakers.These experts share their expertise with the participants who are also invited to actively contribute to the sessions with their experience and advice.
Those involved in the field of oncologic imaging are experiencing a time of increasing pressure, stress and change. The demand for efficiency and effectiveness in all oncologic imaging matters is constantly growing. OIC addresses current challenges and provides a forum for education and the exchange of ideas and concepts. The course furthermore deals with supportive methods and techniques so the delegates will leave with new ideas for their day-to-day practice. OIC involves lectures, workshops, interactive case discussions and panel discussions.
- Provide up-to-date reviews on the use of imaging to detect, characterise and stage common tumours.
- Illustrate the various newer systems for imaging response assessment in use today.
- Emphasise the basic principles of interpreting and reporting oncologic imaging examinations.
- Provide an extended, in-depth review of best practices in breast imaging.
- Present hot topics and emerging applications.
- Utilise interactive teaching and problem-solving case presentations.
- Employ workshops to allow additional interaction with the faculty.
The course will improve radiologists’ confidence in interpreting oncologic images through interactive teaching and problem-solving case presentations.
These updates are expected to
- increase the learner's specific knowledge of standard and newer issues in oncologic imaging
- result in greater confidence of the learner when applying that knowledge
- improve the learner’s skills and help when interpreting radiology studies and clinical situations.
The target audience includes diagnostic radiologists, radiologists in training, nuclear medicine physicians, medical oncologists, oncologic surgeons and radiation oncologists - all of whom heavily rely upon diagnostic imaging in their management of cancer patients.
Please use the following link to view the preliminary programme and kindly note that it might be subject to possible modifications: OIC.9 Preliminary Programme
Abstract Submission for Young Professionals
· Submissions are sought for oral and/or poster presentations
· Submitter must be younger than 36 at the date of submission
· Submitter must be active ESOI member
· Registration to OIC.9 is mandatory for abstract presentation
· Immunotherapy and the role of imaging
· Radiomics in oncologic imaging
· Oncologic Imaging
Abstract submission will open in February 2019. Further details will follow soon.
|Non Member||540,00 €||640,00 €||690,00 €|
|ESOI Member (Full/Allied Sciences)||430,00 €||530,00 €||580,00 €|
|Non Member reduced (resident in training, under 36)||240,00 €||340,00 €||390,00 €|
|ESOI Member reduced (resident in training, under 36)||180,00 €||280,00 €||330,00 €|
*Early fees offered until April 22, 2019
**Late fees offered until June 17, 2019
***Onsite fees offered until June 20, 2019
- Access to all lectures
- Participation in workshops
- Certificate of attendance incl. CME credits
- Syllabus (provided after the course)
- Coffee breaks
- Welcome reception
Please note that lunch is not included in the registration fee but can be added for 90,00 € (3 days extensive buffet in 5* hotel).
Please note that the registration system will open in February 2019. Further details will follow soon.
In case you are interested in pre-registering and saving your place, please send an email to email@example.com.