OIC.9 - Oncologic Imaging Course 2019
Oncologic Imaging in the era of precision medicine: Challenges and opportunities
June 19-22, 2019
Registration is open! Please register via the following website: OIC 2019 Reigstration
Frana Supila 12
R. Beets-Tan, Amsterdam/NL - The Netherlands Cancer Institute
Ch. Herold, Vienna/AT - Medical University Vienna
H. Hricak, New York/US - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
A. Laghi, Rome/IT - "Sapienza" - University of Rome
D. Regge, Turin/IT - Candiolo Cancer Centre
M. F. Reiser, Munich/DE - University Hospitals LMU-Munich
M. D'Anastasi, Msida/MT - Mater Dei Hospital
M. Mayerhoefer, Vienna/AT - Medical University Vienna
D. Panicek, New York/US - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
The Oncologic Imaging Course (OIC), established in 2011, is an annual oncologic imaging course jointly organised by the European Society of Oncologic Imaging, the Department of Radiology at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, the Department of Radiology at Ludwig Maximilians University Munich and the Department of Biomedical Imaging and ImageGuided Therapy at the Medical University of Vienna.
OIC welcomes the most qualified faculty who comprise of internationally renowned speakers.These experts share their expertise with the participants who are also invited to actively contribute to the sessions with their experience and advice.
Those involved in the field of oncologic imaging are experiencing a time of increasing pressure, stress and change. The demand for efficiency and effectiveness in all oncologic imaging matters is constantly growing. OIC addresses current challenges and provides a forum for education and the exchange of ideas and concepts. The course furthermore deals with supportive methods and techniques so the delegates will leave with new ideas for their day-to-day practice. OIC involves lectures, workshops, interactive case discussions and panel discussions.
- Provide up-to-date reviews on the use of imaging to detect, characterise and stage common tumours.
- Illustrate the various newer systems for imaging response assessment in use today.
- Emphasise the basic principles of interpreting and reporting oncologic imaging examinations.
- Provide an extended, in-depth review of best practices in breast imaging.
- Present hot topics and emerging applications.
- Utilise interactive teaching and problem-solving case presentations.
- Employ workshops to allow additional interaction with the faculty.
The course will improve radiologists’ confidence in interpreting oncologic images through interactive teaching and problem-solving case presentations.
These updates are expected to
- increase the learner's specific knowledge of standard and newer issues in oncologic imaging
- result in greater confidence of the learner when applying that knowledge
- improve the learner’s skills and help when interpreting radiology studies and clinical situations.
The target audience includes diagnostic radiologists, nuclear medicine physicians, medical oncologists, oncologic surgeons and radiation oncologists - all of whom heavily rely upon diagnostic imaging in their management of cancer patients. Attendees ranging from residents to more senior ones will benefit from learning and/or refreshing their knowledge base in oncologic imaging - of interest and importance to doctors of all levels.
An application for European CME credits (ECMEC®) will be submitted to the EACCME®.
Please view the most updated version of the programme via the following link: OIC 2019 Programme
|Non Member||540,00 €||640,00 €||690,00 €|
|ESOI Member (Full/Allied Sciences)||430,00 €||530,00 €||580,00 €|
|Non Member reduced (resident in training, under 36)||240,00 €||340,00 €||390,00 €|
|ESOI Member reduced (resident in training, under 36)||180,00 €||280,00 €||330,00 €|
*Early fees offered until May 3, 2019
**Late fees offered until June 14, 2019
***Onsite fees offered until June 20, 2019
- Access to all lectures
- Participation in workshops
- Certificate of attendance incl. CME credits
- Syllabus (provided after the course)
- Coffee breaks
- Welcome reception
Please note that lunch is not included in the registration fee but can be added for 90,00 € (3 days extensive buffet in 5* hotel).
Please visit the following website to complete your registration: OIC 2019 Registration
Abstract submission for young professionals
· Submissions are sought for oral and/or poster presentations
· Submitter must be younger than 36 years at the date of submission
· Submitter must be active ESOI member
· Registration to OIC.9 is mandatory for abstract presentation
· Immunotherapy and the role of imaging
· Radiomics in oncologic imaging
· Oncologic Imaging
If an abstract is unsuccessful for oral presentation it can be considered for poster presentation.
Each presenting author can submit as many abstracts as they wish.
Abstract submission form
This form needs to be completed and sent for each submisison. The document shall be saved as: [Lastname] [Firstname]_OIC 2019 Abstract Submission Form
Please ensure the format of your abstract corresponds with these requirements. ESOI reserves the right to reject any abstract which does not apply to this format.
Abstracts are to be sent to the ESOI Office via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and have to be accompanied by the completed submission form and a copy of the submitter's passport/ID. Any abstracts submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Each abstract will be reviewed and scored by a panel of experts. The reviewers will determine which abstracts are accepted and best suited for oral presentation or poster presentation.
· Authors will be notified of acceptance / rejection by April 19, 2019.
· Presenters must register for the course by May 3, 2019 the latest.
· Oral presentations must be given during the Young Radiologists' Special Session on June 19, held between 13:30 and 17:30. It is not possible to change the date, time or type of presentation.
· Presenters of poster abstracts are responsible to print their posters in A1 size and bring them to the course.
Dates and deadlines
|Submission start||February 13, 2019|
|Submission deadline||March 27, 2019|
|Notification||April 19, 2019|
|Registration deadline||May 3, 2019|
ESOI Support Programme
We are pleased to announce the ESOI support programme for the Oncologic Imaging Course 2019 which will be granted to three young professionals whose abstract got accepted for oral and/or poster presentation. The successful applicants will receive free registration to OIC 2019 (including lunch) and travel support of 500€ which will be paid out AFTER the course.
3 x 500€ + free registration
In order to apply for the support programme, please follow the instructions for abstract submission and additionally include a letter of motivation when submitting your abstract(s) via email. The letter of motivation has to be sent before the abstract deadline.
The panel of experts reviewing and rating the abstracts will also select the three applicants who will receive the support.
All applicants who will not be selected for this grant will be required to register for the course as outlined above.