OIC.8 - Oncologic Imaging Course 2018
Best practices and future trends in oncologic imaging: Optimum results
June 27-30, 2018
REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
Frana Supila 12
R. Beets-Tan, Amsterdam/NL - The Netherlands Cancer Institute
Ch. Herold, Vienna/AT - Medical University Vienna
H. Hricak, New York/US - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
A. Laghi, Rome/IT - "Sapienza" - University of Rome
D. Regge, Turin/IT - Candiolo Cancer Centre
M. F. Reiser, Munich/DE - University Hospitals LMU-Munich
M. D'Anastasi, Msida/MT - Mater Dei Hospital
M. Mayerhoefer, Vienna/AT - Medical University Vienna
D. Panicek, New York/US - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
The Oncologic Imaging Course (OIC), established in 2011, is an annual oncologic imaging course jointly organised by the European Society of Oncologic Imaging, the Department of Radiology at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, the Department of Radiology at Ludwig Maximilians University Munich and the Department of Biomedical Imaging and ImageGuided Therapy at the Medical University of Vienna.
OIC welcomes the most qualified faculty who comprise of internationally renowned speakers from New York, Vienna, Munich, Montpelier, Amsterdam, Rome, Pisa, Torino, Graz, Amsterdam, Malta and Zagreb. These experts share their expertise with the participants who are also invited to actively contribute to the sessions with their experience and advice.
Those involved in the field of oncologic imaging are experiencing a time of increasing pressure, stress and change. The demand for efficiency and effectiveness in all oncologic imaging matters is constantly growing. OIC addresses current challenges and provides a forum for education and the exchange of ideas and concepts. The course furthermore deals with supportive methods and techniques so the delegates will leave with new ideas for their day-to-day practice. OIC involves lectures, workshops, interactive case discussions and panel discussions.
- Provide up-to-date reviews on the use of imaging to detect, characterise and stage common tumours.
- Illustrate the various newer systems for imaging response assessment in use today.
- Emphasise the basic principles of interpreting and reporting oncologic imaging examinations.
- Provide an extended, in-depth review of best practices in breast imaging.
- Present hot topics and emerging applications.
- Utilise interactive teaching and problem-solving case presentations.
- Employ workshops to allow additional interaction with the faculty.
The course will improve radiologists’ confidence in interpreting oncologic images through interactive teaching and problem-solving case presentations.
These updates are expected to
- increase the learner's specific knowledge of standard and newer issues in oncologic imaging
- result in greater confidence of the learner when applying that knowledge
- improve the learner’s skills and help when interpreting radiology studies and clinical situations.
The target audience includes diagnostic radiologists, medical oncologists, oncologic surgeons and radiation oncologists - all of whom heavily rely upon diagnostic imaging in their management of cancer patients. All course attendees must be fully qualified medical specialists.
The Oncologic Imaging Course 2018, Dubrovnik, Croatia, 27/06/2018-30/06/2018 has been accredited by the European Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (EACCME®) with 21 European CME credits (ECMEC®s). Each medical specialist should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent in the educational activity.
Please click on the following link to view the preliminary programme. Kindly note that this programme is still subject to possible modifications.
|Registration Fees||Early Fees*||Late Fees*||Onsite Fees*|
|Non Member||620,00 €||720,00 €||750,00 €|
|ESOI Member (Full/Associate)||520,00 €||620,00 €||650,00 €|
|Non Member reduced (Resident)||310,00 €||410,00 €||440,00 €|
|ESOI Member reduced (Resident)||250,00 €||350,00 €||380,00 €|
*Early fees offered until May 16, 2018
*Late fees offered until June 25, 2018
*Onsite fees offered from June 27, 2018
Registration fee includes
- Access to all lectures
- Participation in all workshops (on a first come first serve base)
- Certificate of Attendance
- Syllabus containing all lectures
- Lunch on all three days
- Coffee Breaks
- Welcome Reception
Please click on the following link to register: OIC 2018 Registration
Abstract Submission - Young Radiologists’ Special Session
The Course Organisers and the Programme Committee of the Oncologic Imaging Course 2018 invited authors to submit abstracts for presentation within the programme of OIC.8. Submissions were sought for oral and/or poster presentations.
> Oral Abstracts
- Imaging Biomarkers of early Diagnosis
- Imaging Biomarkers of Tumour Response
> Poster Abstracts
- Oncologic Imaging
General Requirements for Abstract Submission
- The author of the abstract must be younger than 36 at the date of submission.
- ESOI membership is required to submit an abstract.
- Registration to OIC.8 is mandatory in order to present an oral / poster abstract.
Dates and Deadlines for Abstract Submission
Abstracts submission opened on March 3, 2018
Abstracts submission closed on April 11, 2018
Authors get notified on May 3, 2018
Registration deadline on May 16, 2018
Abstract Submission Guidelines
Please read all relevant information in the following PDF document: Abstract Submission Guidelines